How to Erase Your Device
You will need to erase your device before sending in your phone.
Choose your device below for instructions.
How To Remove an Account Manually Using Your Device:
While exact steps vary per model, the following steps should be a close enough guideline for you to remove Google activation lock from device settings on your device:
- Click “Settings”
- Click “Users & Accounts” or “Accounts”
- Click the account type (Google)
- Click your email address
- Click the Menu in the top right corner of the device
- Click “Remove Account”
- Click “Remove Account” again to confirm
How To Remove an Account Remotely from your Desktop or Laptop:
- Log into your Google account
- Once you are signed in, go to “Sign In and Security” and click “Device Activity and Notifications”.
- Scroll down to ‘Recently Used Devices” and click “Review Devices”
- Choose the device you would like to remove.
- Click the “Remove” button. This will be located to the right of “Account Access”.
- Choose “Remove” in the confirmation window. NOTE: A second window should pop up confirming that the access has been removed.
- In you list of “Recent Devices” the device should now show as removed.